Schedule and Events
SCHEDULE & EVENTS - 2019
Tuesday, January 22
This is the day that we STRONGLY encourage you to fly to Puerto Rico. If you are three or four time zones away, it will be great for you to shake off the jet lag. In addition, it will give you ample cushion time to reschedule your flight in the event that there is foul weather that forces airports to cancel flights.
Wednesday, January 23 (first check-in day)
This is the day when you get to open your bike box, assemble your bike and make sure all the fine tuning has been taken care of. Bike shops affiliated to the event will be ready to handle all your issues. By taking care of all your bike related issues on this day, you will be able to enjoy what the historic Old City of San Juan has to offer and get ready to join us the following day on the San Juan City Bike Tour.
- First Day Vuelta Puerto Rico Check-In & Jersey Pick Up - Location will be announced in January. ID Required! Check-in will be open from noon until 7:00 PM. Receive your packet with all the instructions during this period. Then relax, enjoy the Old City of San Juan, have a Piña Colada, meet other riders. Remember there will be NO CHECK-IN ON FRIDAY!
Thursday, January 24 (second check-in day)
San Juan City Bike Tour - Check-In starting at 7:00 AM: Show your ID and pick up your jersey, put it on and you are ready to go! Leaving at 8:00 AM, you will enjoy the 35-40 mile peloton style ride around the Capital City of San Juan... Vuelta Puerto Rico style... all green lights! If you have rented a bike from us, it will be ready for pick up before the San Juan City Bike Tour starts. Just make sure you are there at 7:00 AM sharp allowing one hour for tweaking.
- Second Day ... Vuelta Puerto Rico Check-In & Jersey Pick Up - Location will be announced in January. ID Required! Check-in will be open from noon until 7:00 PM. Receive your packet with all the instructions during this period. Then relax, enjoy the Old City of San Juan, have a Piña Colada, meet other riders. Remember there will be NO CHECK-IN ON FRIDAY!
Friday, January 25 (no check-in this day)
- Day One of La Vuelta Puerto Rico: San Juan to Ponce, 155 miles - We start at 5:00 AM from the Tapia Theater in Old San Juan. Make sure to leave your luggage in the designated area of any one of La Vuelta Puerto Rico affiliated hotels or bring them to the Start in Old San Juan.
Saturday, January 26
- Day Two of La Vuelta Puerto Rico: Ponce to Mayagüez, 78 miles - We all start at 6:00 AM from the affiliated hotels where Road Captains will lead you along to a merging location of all groups. We will all ride at a neutral speed of 16 mph until we reach the breakfast location which will take under two (2) hours..We will later reach the Flag Pavillion in Mayaguez for lunch and depart from there as indicated by out Road Captains to all hotels moving northbound all the way up to Rincón where we are expected to arrive at around 2:00 PM.
Sunday, January 27
- Day Three of La Vuelta Puerto Rico: Mayagüez to San Juan, 133 miles - Peloton C starts at 5:30 AM, Peloton B starts at 7:00 AM, and Peloton A starts at 8:30 AM. Staying in Mayaguez Towncore? The police or Road Captains will escort you all the way up to the Holiday Inn Mayaguez, the Headquarter Hotel. If you are staying in a Rincón affiliated hotel, allow 30 extra minutes for the peloton to reach your area where you will meet them at Road 115. All groups are expected to be in Dorado at 3:15 PM. At 4:00 PM we will all ride together at a neutral speed of 16 mph into the Old City of San Juan. Expected arrival time is no later than 5:45 PM.
Monday, January 28
We strongly recommend you take a few days off for a little relaxation. Go for a recovery ride... get your bike packed.
Tuesday, January 29
You may want to consider the idea of relocating to Puerto Rico on this day. Need a real estate broker?
DAYS OFF- (other things to do!)
Most riders who travel to Puerto Rico to ride La Vuelta choose to extend their trip so they can enjoy more sights and relax on the beach. Many bring their non-riding friends and family to share the experience. You may want to consider the following day trips while you are in Puerto Rico:
- El Yunque Rain Forest
- Bio Bay Tour in Fajardo
- Day Trip to the Island of Culebra
- Day Trip to the Island of Vieques
- Ziplining with one of several adventure companies, Orocovis
- A relaxing few days in Old San Juan
- An extended surfing stay in Rincón